2 HOOTS™ Hard Iced Tea Tea-Ball Classic Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO THE LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility The 2 Hoots™ Hard Iced Tea-Ball Classic Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents of the state of Texas who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the following entities and members of their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse) or same households (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Prize: Mark Anthony Brands Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as alcohol beverage licensees (i.e., alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers). By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01m. Central Time (“CT”) on August 28, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on September 4, 2023.
- How to Enter: There is one (1) way to enter this Sweepstakes.
Via Sweepstakes Website During the Sweepstakes Period, either on a mobile device or a laptop/desktop computer, use your preferred browser to visit, https://www.2hootshardtea.com/teaballclassic (“Website”). After verifying your age, complete and submit the entry form with all required information, including your name, city/town of residence, zip code, e-mail address, and your agreement to these Official Rules. Internet access and a valid e-mail address are required to enter the Sweepstakes. You may be charged for wireless Internet access according to the terms of your plan with your cellular or “wi-fi” provider. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. CT on September 4, 2023. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation of eligibility for the Sweepstakes nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor.All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged (except perhaps as noted above) or returned. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the e-mail address provided on the entry form. Third party usage fees may apply.
- Entry Restrictions: Limit one (1) entry per person, per day (12:00:00 a.m. CT until 11:59:59 p.m. CT, except August 28, 2023 which begins at 12:00:01m. CT) during the Sweepstakes Period. Violation of this entry limit will result in only the initial entry being accepted. Automated entries are prohibited and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. But Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries (and disqualify any entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor) if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a given person has engaged in egregious, blatant or repeated violations of the entry limit. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. Sponsor assume no responsibility for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, late or lost entries due to data or computer glitches or other programming/ technological/ electronic error, malfunction or failure of any kind, regardless of cause; and, all such entries are void. Data rates may apply to entries submitted via mobile device.
- Prizes: Fifteen (15) Prizes are available to be awarded. Each winner will receive one (1) spot on a 2 Hoots™ tea-ball team which will play its inaugural game on Thursday, September 14, 2023 in Sugar Land, Texas; one (1) 2 Hoots™ branded Game Jersey, food** and one (1) 2 Hoots™ branded Game Hat. Approximate Retail Value of each Prize is $150.00.
To accept prize, winner must be able to attend the 2 Hoots™ tea-ball team’s inaugural game on September 14, 2023 in Sugar Land; if winner cannot do so for any reason, prize will be forfeited in its entirety without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting).
Tea-ball game may last up to four (4) hours. Award of prize is conditioned upon winner remaining for the entire duration of tea-ball game regardless of whether his/her participation in same has already ended. Winners will be assigned to teams as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Due to exigencies of game play, a given winner is not guaranteed playing time in the tea-ball game. Sponsor (and manager of applicable tea-ball team) will seek to accommodate a given winner’s request to play a certain position and/or to bat in a certain spot in the batting order in the tea-ball game; however, assignment of position and batting order spot will be determined by Sponsor/manager in their sole discretion. Winner also agrees to accept any and all decisions of the team’s manager and umpires with regard to the winner’s participation in the tea-ball game; for example, being removed from the game for a pinch-hitter or a defensive replacement by team manager and safe or out call by an umpire. Each winner hereby waives any claim against Sponsor in conjunction with any of the following:
- The team to which he/she is assigned by Sponsor;
- The amount of playing time received (if any) in the tea-ball game;
- His/her position in the field;
- His/her spot in the batting order;
- The decisions of manager as to his/her role in the tea-ball game; and
- The decisions of umpires in officiating the tea-ball game.
For clarity, the winning team in the tea-ball game will not receive any prize, award or compensation of any kind.
Tea-ball game will be played rain or shine, with the sole exception of a determination by a governmental body of competent authority that proceeding with the tea-ball game would be inherently unsafe due to weather conditions.
Winner must conduct him/herself in an appropriate and well-behaved manner before, during and after the tea-ball game. Without limitation, the preceding includes his/her interaction with other players, team managers, umpires as well as any talent retained by Sponsor to participate in the tea-ball game. The smoking of tobacco products (including e-cigarettes) and weapons of any kind are expressly prohibited at the tea-ball game. In addition, winner must comply with all safety instructions as well as any laws/regulations or policies designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus; such as, mask-wearing, social distancing, providing proof of negative COVID-19/Coronavirus test and/or proof of vaccination against COVID-19/Coronavirus.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT PARTICIPATION IN TEA-BALL (A.K.A., TEE BALL) IS INHERENTLY DANGEROUS AND HE/SHE EXPRESSLY ASSUMES ANY AND ALL RISKS INVOLVED IN DOING SO. WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH RISKS INCLUDE THROWING, FIELDING AND CATCHING A BALL; SWINGING THE BAT; RUNNING; JUMPING; STRETCHING; SLIDING; DIVING; COLLISIONS WITH OTHER PLAYERS AND/OR STATIONARY OBJECTS. SUCH ACTIVITIES MAY RESULT IN FRACTURES, SPRAINS, CUTS/BRUISES OR OTHER FORMS OF INJURY. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF ENTRANT TO CONSULT WITH A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL AS TO THE AFOREMENTIONED AND OTHER RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE TEA-BALL GAME BEFORE ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT OBTAINED ANY INSURANCE IN CONJUNCTION WITH WINNERS’ PARTICIPATION IN THE TEA-BALL GAME. WINNER FURTHER CONSENTS TO AN EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) OR SIMILAR PROFESSIONAL ADMINISTERING FIRST AID IN THEIR PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT WITHOUT FURTHER CONSENT IF WINNER SHOULD SUSTAIN AN INJURY WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THE TEA-BALL GAME, WITH SPONSOR NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY MEDICAL CARE FURNISHED TO ADDRESS SUCH INJURY.
IF WINNER HAS A DISABILITY, SPONSOR WILL CONSULT WITH THE WINNER SO AS TO CREATE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION THAT ALLOWS HIM/HER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TEA-BALL GAME TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE.
THE TEA-BALL GAME ITSELF (AS WELL AS PRE-GAME AND POST-GAME ACTIVITY) MAY BE RECORDED BY SPONSOR FOR POSSIBLE USE FOR ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL AND OTHER COMMERCIAL PURPOSES AS WELL AS FOR INTERNAL, RECORDKEEPING/ARCHIVAL AND OTHER NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES. WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR THE RIGHT TO USE THE RECORDING, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES FOR COMMERCIAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES WITHOUT CONSIDERATION OR COMPENSATION OF ANY KIND OR FURTHER NOTICE OR APPROVAL. SPONSOR IS IN NO WAY OBLIGATED TO MAKE ANY COMMERCIAL USE OF ANY RECORDATION OF THE TEA-BALL GAME AND WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY BY REFRAINING FROM COMMERCIAL USE OF THE RECORDATION OF THE TEA-BALL GAME.
WINNER MAY NOT RECORD THE TEA-BALL GAME (OR PRE-GAME OR POST-GAME ACTIVITY) WITHOUT THE APPROVAL OF SPONSOR WHICH MAY BE WITHHELD OR GRANTED IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
**For food element of prize, Sponsor may not be able to accommodate dietary restrictions of winner, with winner waiving any and all liability in conjunction therewith.
Winner must attend the tea-ball game alone, without any guest(s).
Winner must wear appropriate attire and safety equipment as a pre-condition to participation in the tea-ball game. Without limitation, open-toed shoes are prohibited and a batting helmet must be worn when hitting.
Winner will be provided with a fielding glove and a bat for participating in the tea-ball game. The fielding glove/bat is for use only during the tea-ball game and remains the property of Sponsor at all times. If fielding glove and/or bat is destroyed, Sponsor reserves the right to require winner to pay for a replacement fielding glove/bat in its sole discretion. Upon Sponsor’s approval in its sole discretion, winner may use his/her own equipment instead of and/or in addition to provided fielding glove/bat; should Sponsor decline such request for any reason, winner is still obligated to participate in the tea-ball game using provided equipment.
Alcohol beverages are not part of the prize. To receive the Jersey and Game Hat components of the prize, winner must attend the tea-ball game on September 14, 2023. All costs and expenses associated with a prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner, including travel to and from Sugar Land for the tea-ball game as well as any desired insurance in conjunction with winner’s participation in the tea-ball game. If a prize is declined by a potential winner, no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting). Total Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes is $2,250.00.
- Winners’ Determination/Odds: Limit one (1) entry per person, family, household or address. Winners will be determined in a random drawing on or about September 4, 2023 by Sponsor whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail on or about September 5, 2023 and each winner will be required to sign an Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful) within one (1) day of notification (or such shorter amount of time as indicated thereon) or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor's sole discretion (time permitting). In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if a potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected (again, time permitting).
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A prize is not redeemable/exchangeable for cash. A prize is not transferable except with Sponsor’s prior consent which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion without liability of any kind. All federal, state and local taxes on a prize are each winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting a prize, a winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem a prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem a prize. All costs and expenses associated with a prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner.
Taxes on a prize are each winner’s sole responsibility. Upon receipt of a prize, each winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning a prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes.
- Releases: By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless (a) Mark Anthony Brands Inc., its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies; and (b) the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations; from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of a prize (as applicable). Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s agreement to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph or other indicia of persona and/or statements regarding the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes for advertising, publicity and trade purposes by Sponsor without further compensation or any notice or approval of any kind.
- Online/Website Entry Conditions: In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided on entry form. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete entries, or for entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries; or for defect of any kind which prevents a person from properly accessing the Sweepstakes online/website. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by online/website visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes.
- Caution: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THIS SWEEPSTAKES (IF APPLICABLE), PROHIBIT SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE PROMOTIONS OFFERED BY SPONSOR, AS WELL AS TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a prize if any entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entry or a prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use an entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs/technology in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor may void a prize an entrant may have won and/or require the return of a prize an entrant may have won (or its value) as a result of such improper conduct. Entrants further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a prize and/or return of a prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
- Sponsor’s Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person's mobile device or computer which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The preceding expressly includes but is not limited to any communications sent by or sent to Sponsor which are not properly and timely received and accessible by Sponsor or its agencies for any reason. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If the Sweepstakes is modified, terminated or suspended, Sponsor will select the winners (if determined to be feasible in its sole discretion) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received (if any) in a manner determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances, and, if not feasible, Sponsor shall not have any liability of any kind. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules (that is, fifteen  Prizes) are available to be won in the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by duly authorized representatives of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without respect to conflict of law/choice of law doctrines of Illinois (or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Illinois). To the fullest extent permitted by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree (a) that any and all disputes regarding the Sweepstakes which cannot be resolved between the parties shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in Cook County, Illinois; (b) to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and to waive any right of inconvenient forum, change of venue or any like right; (c) that any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited t o actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Sweepstakes (if any), but in no event attorney’s fees, with all other forms of remedy – including but not limited to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and injunctive relief – being expressly waived.
- Winners’ List: For winners’ list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 2 HOOTS Tea-ball Classic Sweeps, 167 N. Green Street, 6th Floor, Chicago, IL 60607. All requests must be received by October 9, 2023. Winners’ list will be available after October 23, 2023.
Sponsor: Mark Anthony Brands Inc., Chicago, IL
All Registered Trademarks, used under license by 2 HOOTS Hard Iced Tea, Chicago, IL.
BE WISE, DRINK RESPONSIBLY. PREMIUM MALT BEVERAGE WITH LEMON AND NATURAL FLAVORS.